Below you will find instructions for formatting the card such that it will work with your Mac and the BlackVue cam. Please note that formatting the memory card will erase any file currently on the card, so make sure you have downloaded any important file via the smartphone app prior to following these steps:
- On your Mac, connect the SD card
- Open Mac HD on your desktop (Finder > Preferences > Sidebar > check Hard disks)
- Open Applications
- Open Utilities
- Open Disk Utility
- On the left you should see the SD card listed. It should show the card size with a second indented line beneath it that shows the volume of the drive.
- Click "Erase" at the top of the screen.
- Select MS DOS(FAT) File System for the volume format option.
- Change the name of the drive if desired, Blackvue etc.
- Click "Erase" at the bottom of the screen. You will get a warning and will need to click "Erase" again. The drive will be formatted as FAT32 when completed.
Now you can put the card back in the BlackVue, it will re-initialize and start recording, and now when you put the card back in your Mac, it will be recognizable.
Please sign in to leave a comment.