Here's what you need to do to set the BlackVue memory card up so that it's readable by your Mac computer. Please bear in mind this procedure involves formatting the memory card (you will lose any recordings currently on the card), so be sure to download anything important via the smartphone app (or Windows computer) if need be, prior to following these steps:
- On your Mac, connect the SD card
- Open Mac HD on your desktop (Finder > Preferences > Sidebar > check Hard disks)
- Open Applications
- Open Utilities
- Open Disk Utility
- On the left you should see the SD card listed. It should show the card size with a second indented line beneath it that shows the volume of the drive.
- Click "Erase" at the top of the screen.
- Select MS DOS(FAT) File System for the volume format option.
- Change the name of the drive if desired, Blackvue etc.
- Click "Erase" at the bottom of the screen. You will get a warning and will need to click "Erase" again. The drive will be formatted as FAT32 when completed.
Now you can put the card back in the BlackVue, it will re-initialize and start recording like usual. From this point on, when you put the BlackVue memory card back in your Mac, it will be recognized and you can view the recordings or run the BlackVue viewer software without issue.